NEARLY 7 MILLION TONS of coal mined annually.
families with electricity every day.
in economic activity contributed annually.
invested in the Best Available Control Technology (BACT).
Explore our campus, from our underground mine to our 700-foot-high stack.
The Campus generates enough electricity to serve approximately 2.5 million families covering eight states.
- The largest coal-fueled power plant to be built in the U.S. since 1982
- It takes one pound of Illinois coal to produce enough electricity to run your TV for 5 hours.
- Concrete - 165,000 cubic yards, enough to fill more than 50 Olympic-sized swimming pools.
- The stack is 700' tall that is 70' taller than the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Approximately 4,000 workers were employed to build the plant.
- 1,600 megawatts (MW) of power- enough to serve 2.5 million families across eight states.