May 20, 2015
Today, Prairie State is excited to welcome the 2015 intern class to campus for their first day! Interns will work closely with the power plant, mine and corporate teams throughout the rest of the summer; gaining industry experience and training to improve their skills.
CEO, Don Gaston, welcomes the intern class to campus during their orientation session.
April 22, 2015
April 22, 2015 marks the 45th anniversary of Earth Day, and Prairie State employees celebrated by planting trees around the campus. Planting trees affects the environment in a positive way:
• Trees can contribute to local aquifer recharge and to the improvement of watershed system health, from both quantity and quality standpoints
• Trees absorb air pollutants and intercept particulate matter
• Through direct sequestration, trees reduce atmospheric carbon dioxide levels
• Trees intercept rainfall and help increase infiltration and the ability of soil to store water
• Transpiration through leaves minimizes soil moisture, which reduces runoff
Happy Earth Day from everyone at Prairie State Generating Company!
TAGS: EARTH DAY, EMPLOYEES, CLEAN ENERGY CAMPUS
|« OLDER POSTS|